Music Video Distribution
We deliver to the most prominent outlets for your music video can get the most visibility possible.
Get VEVO Certified
Let us setup your VEVO channel and deliver of your first video today.
VEVO will create more awareness for your brand as an artist or label. Monetize your Content, Distribute to all Syndicated Partners, Monthly Royalty Statement.
Unlike normal youtube video uploads, on VEVO you can earn money per video stream, and we can collect this revenue for you! On average, VEVO boasts 2 to 3 times more money per stream over standard YouTube rates. This means greater exposure AND greater earnings! VEVO is accessible in over 200 countries.
Vevo is the largest network of music channels on YouTube, with more than 450,000 videos from artists of all levels and genres. Over the last 10 years, fans have come to recognize the Vevo logo as a verified indicator of premium, official content from the artists they are searching for and those they’ve yet to discover.
In addition to YouTube, Vevo also distributes its extensive library of music videos to a number of other syndication partners including Apple TV, Pluto TV, Samsung TV, and Roku.
Release your video on Apple Music & Tidal with us today.
Video distribution with 1710Media also means your content will be delivered to Tidal and iTunes. Apple iTunes still continues to be a major player in the downloads arena worldwide. You’ll earn money for every copy sold!
VEVO – Includes VEVO branded Youtube channel and submission for featured artist slots
TIDAL – All mobile and desktop devices
AMAZON – Amazon Video and Prime
APPLE – Streaming on Apple Music and placed in the iTunes store for sale, under your artist catalog
It is #15,000 to set up a VEVO channel and this includes your first video upload.
If you don’t have an existing VEVO channel, we can create one for you. In the video metadata form, you can specify which new channel name you would like created or what your current channel is named (ie ArtistNameVEVO). For new VEVO artist channels, we will need:
- A PR photo of the artist – must be high quality of at least 5,000 x 5,000 pixels at 72dpi. It also must be an actual photo of just the artist, and cannot be a logo, graphic, or artistic rendering of the artist.
- A Banner image – Artist Banner Image/Graphic: 2560 x 1440 px or 2560 x 423 px is recommended for a new YouTube Vevo channel in this size.
Please keep in mind that all VEVO channels must be created per artist, and must be an artist name. VEVO does NOT allow labels to have a VEVO channel created.
VEVO creates new channels in bulk on every Monday, and channels are fully created by Tuesday. Any new channel request made after that Monday, will go into the queue for the following Monday batch.
For this reason we require you to submit your video distribution request at least two weeks before your go live date. This will ensure your channel and video are complete by your release date
Unfortunately, no. A VEVO branded YouTube channel is not like a regular YouTube channel in that it is managed by VEVO, and they do not give access to a third party. Therefore, artists will NOT receive a log in to their VEVO channel. We can make changes and updates to your video and channel info on your behalf as an approved distributor to VEVO. We can make changes to items like:
-Artist profile photo
-Social Media Links
All of these can be requested by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here if you'd like to view the terms and conditions for Video Distribution. Additional terms and conditions on other services available HERE.
Before you begin doing any submission, it is important that you know that we can only accept original video content and thus, your video can’t contain third-party content that you do not own. Here are the basic requirements to distribute your video;
- Must contain 100% original material (audio and visual).
- Must be professionally produced or have some production quality.
- Cannot contain full frontal nudity, explicit drug use or graphic violence.
- Cannot contain the release cover image.
- Your video cannot exceed 10 minutes.
- No logo or MTV style credits in the corners of the video.
In terms of the content of your music video, there are some DON’Ts as well. Please read this important list of items to not include in your music video.
- All videos need to only show the music video itself with no on screen distractions.
- NO URLs, hashtags, handles, dates, shoutouts or other promotional text on screen.
- NO burn in logos in corners of screens throughout the video.
- NO front / ending slates, title or end cards in video (white text on black screen).
- NO MTV style credits in corner of video.
- NO still image or blank screen in video, videos need to have active pixels.
- PR Photo and Banner submission
If you require assistance or design services here, we can assist!
Your PR photo and banner image must be formatted as follows.
- Artist PR photo (it cannot be a logo or graphic, at least 2400px x 2400px at 72dpi, centered and some space from the edges ) for VEVO Youtube channel creation * VEVO will use this photo for your artist profile on all VEVO platforms.
- Artist Banner Image/Graphic: 2560 x 1440 px or 2560 x 423 px is recommended for a new YouTube Vevo channel in this size.
This is one of the most important steps so please take a moment to read through all and, if all of the below is complicated or if you need any assistance terms of your own encoding efforts, feel free to contact us.
The higher the quality your submission the higher the quality the encode delivered to the iTunes and other partners. If your music video doesn’t meet all minimum specs, it will be delayed for delivery until the video is corrected. Please make sure your video meets guideline before moving forward.
TECHNICAL SPECS (AUDIO)
Sample Rate: 44.100 KHZ
Bit Rate: 320 kbps CBR
TECHNICAL SPECS (VIDEO)
Compression Type: ProRes – Preferred for HD or H.264 – Also Acceptable
File Format: .mov (ProRes) or .mp4 (H.264)
Dimensions: At least 1280×720 (1920×1080 Preferred for HD)
Frame Rate: Native (No less than 23.98 FPS)
Bit Rate: Unrestricted (at least 150 mb/s is Preferred for HD, If H.264 at least 50mb/s)
The video must be de-interlaced and be set up for multi-pass encoding
NO frame re-ordering in your encoding settings
The size of your video will be a large file due to the recommended bit rate and video format (H.264/ProRes).
Please export all encodes using Compressor or Quicktime.